Tuesday, January 23, 2007

January Bike Ride

This will be a true test to see if my wife reads my blog.

I biked into work today. In me defense, it wasn't totally planned. The plan was to drop off my car at the shop and bike to the bus stop, which is only about .5 mile away. However, the problem with the bus, I've found, is that you have to get to the bus stop on time. So I missed the bus and my inspiring bus schedule said the next one would show up in about 50 minutes. The decision was easy: wait 50 minutes at a cold bus stop or bike to work in 35.

The good news was that I was fairly well dressed. I had assumed before this that I really didn't have the right clothing for anything below 30°F (this morning it was about 20°F). The only thing that got a little cold were my toes. The roads were fairly clear and the Gateway Trail, which I rode for about half the trip, was mostly plowed. As long as I didn't make any sudden turns, everything was smooth.

Overall, I enjoyed it and it's getting my more excitied about biking. Spring could not come soon enough.

No comments: