Sunday, June 08, 2008

2008 MS150 - Sunday

Today we finished the second half of the MS150.  Hit the road at about 7:30am and crossed the finish line in Blaine at about 12:20pm. 

Today's pace was a little faster than yesterdays, probably due to the slight tail wind instead of a head wind.  We averaged over 20mph for the day and we had one 22 mile run in the morning (where we skipped a rest stop) where we averaged over 22mph!  That was a lot of fun!

008I took a lot of really cool pictures (with my phone), including one over my shoulder while my group was in formation, but somehow (and I'm still perplexed as to how this happened) I lost the memory card in my phone.  Fortunately, I have this one, which my wife Kris took just after the finish with my kids.  This was the highlight of my weekend anyway!  It was great seeing my family cheering me on when I crossed the finish!

 

Well, it was a great event this year.  I'm so glad I decided to join a team and even more glad that I joined the Backdrafters.  What an awesome group (115 riders!) led by a great team captain, Doug.

I've already signed up for next year (got my complimentary MS150 socks).  I'm definitely going to keep riding with the Backdrafters. 

Thanks for everyone who supported me this year.  I increased my donations from last year and brought in over $600!  Next year I want to raise over $1000, which puts you into the Golden Gears Club.  Also, anyone reading this who would want to experience the MS150 for themselves is more then welcomed to do so!  Just let me know.  You can contact me via email which you can get by viewing the homepage of my blog here.

No comments: