Friday, June 06, 2008

Starting the 2008 MS150

015

Well, it's that time of year again!  Last year was so much fun I had to do it again.  This will be my second Minnesota MS150 bike ride.  I took this photo this morning before I left the house just before I biked to the National Sports Center in Blaine where everything starts. 

I've been fortunate enough to join a team this year (Jeff wasn't able to attend due to his new kid!) called the Backdrafters.   Instead of tenting I'm going to be doing the hotel thing Friday (tonight) and Saturday, which means I was able to pack a lot less stuff.  I got it all in that gray backpack.

Well, I hope to do some actual blogging of the event over the weekend with some pictures from my phone.  Right now I'm sitting at a Caribou right next to the National Sports Center.  In about an hour I head over to get registered, meet up with my team (none of whom I've physically met yet), and hop on the bus for Duluth.  And then it's an early rise to start turnin' pedals (as Doug, the team leader, sez) on Saturday.

And a huge thanks to everyone who's contributed to this event!

No comments: